Profile.

Hello! My name is Alan Glass and I'm a freelance editor and filmmaker. I've recently based myself in Bristol but still work regularly in London and elsewhere.

My background is mainly in post-production using Avid systems although over the last few years I've taken time out from broadcast work to work in the skateboard industry. I'm currently working for UK based Landscape Skateboards and Heroin Skateboards as Team Manager and Chief Videographer respectively. My duties for both companies involve the production of DVDs, web and magazine content and marketing.

Filming skateboarding has taken me all around the world to locations in Japan, Australia, the U.S.A and all over Europe. It's been great to work in a field that I love and I've also been able to take on a number of corporate and teaching jobs over recent years too.

This year I've produced promotional DVDs for the British Phonographic Institute (BPI), The Association Of Independent Music (AIM) and in the past 3 years I have regularly been invited back to teach at the London Institute, working as a visiting tutor on the BA Film & Television Studies and BA Broadcast Journalism courses at the London College of Communication (formerly London College of Printing).

I have also taught on L.C.C's Personal Development (PDU) and Young @ Art summer courses, introducing both mature students and school leavers to the basics of Avid editing and multimedia. I've produced comprehensive course notes and tutorials for all my trainees, as well as organising workshops in rotation for large groups of students.

I have broadcast credits for terrestrial and satellite television and recent clients have included Ricochet and Playboy TV.

I currently use Sony PD150 and VX2100 cameras for skateboarding, Century Optics lenses and am used to working in obscure and often difficult locations.

I'm available for freelance post production work and have my own Mac-based Avid Xpress Pro at home with 800gb storage and DVD authoring facilities.